Privacy and cookies
- I set a necessary session cookie to facilitate your navigation of my website
- I use Google reCAPTCHA on my contacts page to protect me from spam
- On the contacts page you will be asked if you want to allow additional cookies
- If you chose to allow these cookies then
- This will set a cookie remembering your agreement to allow cookies and improve your experience of my website on future visits
- Google will also set cookies that it uses to operate reCAPTCHA
- I dont use any other type of cookies or for any other purpose
- You can also change your consent here
- My webserver logs technical details of your visit to my website
- This can be useful to ensure the correct operation and security of my website
- As well as identifying areas of the website that may need to be improved
- If you contact me through the website, I will use that information to conduct my business with you
- That information will not be passed on to anyone else without your express consent or unless required by law
- It will not be used for any other purpose
- If you accept the additional cookies on the contact page you are also agreeing to Google's reCAPTCHA privacy and terms
- This is also stated on that page
- ReCAPTCHA collects personal information from site visitors to make a determination as to whether they are human or a bot. This is to prevent SPAM.
The reCAPTCHA algorithm checks to see if there is a Google cookie placed on the computer being used. It also places additional reCAPTCHA-specific cookies.
- Google says and I paraphrase - The information collected in connection with the use of reCAPTCHA will be used for improving reCAPTCHA and for general security purposes.
It will not be used for personalized advertising by Google.
- You can learn about Google's reCAPTCHA here and read Google’s terms and privacy for more information.